Saturday, April 2, 2011

Le Fabuleux Appartement d’Amélie Poulain

Whenever I move into a new place, I get all these ideas in my head months before about how I am going to decorate.  Most of the time, these ideas come from beautiful set designs I’ve seen from movies or on TV.  There are tiny little nooks of my apartment that display nuances of my favorite films, but if I had the time (and budget) these would be full-fledged rooms!  And one room would have to be for Amélie:

Aside from the fact that this is the only movie I can think of in which the romantic protagonist who finally wins true love is a woman, I simply love the colors and textures used in this film.  Reds, oranges, blues, and greens along with a whimsical animal-theme give Amélie’s flat such a warm and creativity-inducing feel.
In my Amélie-inspired room:

                 - Framed Animal Portraits by Ryan Berkley
                 - Stunning Stampede Light Set from ModCloth
                 - Thistle Pillow, Birkin Chair, and Chelsea Anywhere Table
                    from Home Decorators
                 - Cobalt Blue Table Lamp from Overstock.com
                 - Damask Velvet Burnout Curtain from Urban Outfitters
And what Amélie room would be complete without a garden gnome?
Porcelain Gnome Lantern from Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger.