Thursday, August 4, 2011

Citrus Fruits


You know my deal with popsicles. I love ‘em, but I only like the citrus flavors: orange, lime, maybe a lemon here and there. (I’m particularly partial to boxes that only sell these flavors, like Shaw’s Citrus Sticks, which have been mysteriously absent from the frozen section as of late…) Well, now this taste for sweet acidics has begun to translate to my tastes in threads. And for someone who has still not imbibed of traditional American lemonade (I promise to try it by the end of the summer, guys!), this is highly, highly bizarre…
We all remember Jil Sander’s citrus takeover this spring. The lemons, the limes, the oranges…even venturing into grapefruit…










Images via style.com
And yes, these shoes are calling to me. Fruit bowls are just generally appealing. Even if these Jeffrey Campbells sort of remind me of something my grandma might have worn while serving chicken salad on her front porch in the summer…And the cutout platforms? Not sure if I’ve quite graduated to these yet, but I can only dream…

Okay, this next one is not citrus-themed, but I couldn’t resist!
from Etsy
Green apples always provide my tastebuds with the tang I desire. And come on, it’s only fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger.