Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Came, I Saw, I Copied.

Backstory: Once upon a time, a young red-haired lass was browsing the internet, not really looking for anything in particular, when --

WHAM!

She spied this baby:

Photo via Refinery29
Since then I've searched high and low for this spearhead necklace by Madewell. Okay, I mean I went on their website and it wasn't there, and then I briefly checked Ebay and couldn't find it, therefore concluding it does not exist in real life. It was quite the trek.

Anyways, I'd been on the hunt for something similar when I saw an emaciated sad little version in a Forever21 ad. It wasn't quite right (as F21's stuff tends to be...seriously, what's with all the rhinestones???), but then I had a brilliant idea!


I picked up TWO of the pathetic little wannabe's and, kelly clamps in hand, Frankensteined my own version.

Okay, so it might not be Madewell (or, you know...made well), but for a grand total of about $13 and the duration of a Seinfeld rerun, I'm pretty happy with my little creation. Extra points because it jingles whenever I move, something sure to annoy all passersby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger.