Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Marc Jacobs Diet


When I was in college I snagged this little baby on sale at Saks:

mj wallet
I was in love with the beautiful, lipstick red leather and the over-sized patchwork stitching. I still sometimes drool over it…reeeeeeddddddd leeeeeeaaaaatttttthhhhhheeeeerrrrrrr……….okay. Sorry.
Well, since then I’ve always lusted after Marc Jacobs bags, the Baby Stam in particular. So petite, so cute, so…out of my price range. In the interim, I’ve purchased two Marc by Marc Jacobs bags, both of which I love dearly, but no collection pieces. But then, on a thrifting excursion which was meant to rid my closet of unnecessaries, I saw behind the counter…a Baby Stam. In patchwork lipstick red. Authentic. Way underpriced. Fate.
So, clutch wallet, meet your big sister!
mj stam
This is why people scour second hand stores. Now, I can still dream about the day I find a Chanel Classic Flap or Hermes Birkin behind one of those counters…hey, it could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger.