Friday, July 15, 2011

Stranger Than Furnishing

stranger 1

This one’s on my list of awesome-yet-underrated movies. And although I love the plot and message behind the movie, probably my favorite aspect of watching is getting to explore the amazing abode of Maggie Gyllenhaal’s character. The renegade baker mixes florals, retro pieces, and a whole lot of colors to create the perfect kitschy residence I could only dream of inhabiting…
stranger 2

- Retro Diner Clock from Etsy seller MiesEnScene
- Beaded Chandelier from UrbanOutfitters
- Tree Branch Lamp from Shop.com
- Granny Afghan from ModCloth
- Floral Print Settee and Antiqued Seafoam End Table from HomeDecorators
stranger 4
And then of course there are these Flour Pot Measuring Spoons from ModCloth, perfect for baking warm chocolate chip cookies. They also reminded me of my favorite scene, when Will Ferrell’s character finally woos the woman of his dreams…
stranger 3 
"I brought you flours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger.